ar - fiNANCE ASSISTANT
This is a key role in the day-to-day financial operations of Beavertown Brewery. The AR assistant will be responsible for central procedures, and therefore attention to detail and accuracy are key to this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily bank postings of customer payments (GBP).
- Monitoring of advance payments from customers.
- Ownership of the daily bank reconciliations (GBP, EUR, USD).
- Pro-actively engage and build relationships with customers to reduce overdue accounts.
- Create new customer accounts on SAP & perform Experian credit checks.
- Key customer invoicing (including grocery customers).
- Cloaked & porterage Sales.
- Bi-weekly customer statements & reminders in line with Dunning process.
- Daily Hold List/Daily Sales – ensure all accounts are taken on/off hold on daily basis.
- Address/resolve any invoice/payment queries.
- Process and post credit card payments.
- Monthly debt review with Sales account managers.
- Key contact with external debt collection agency re bad debt.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations for AR accounts.
- HMRC requirements (EMCS/VAT)
- Generate invoices to recognise Webshop, Taproom and Corner Pin Revenue
- Liaising with external stakeholders
- Ad-Hoc duties as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Committed team player.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience using SAP B1 (desirable)
- Desire to progress in a finance role (Wishing to study towards a professional qualification)