Business Development Manager - North
The role of Business Development Manager at Beavertown Brewery is to focus on giving Beavertown drinkers a greater choice of pubs & bars in which to enjoy their favourite beers in London and beyond, whilst at the same time attracting new potential Beavertown drinkers and amazing them with our Beavertown beers.
You will be responsible for the acquisition of suitable new On-Trade partners for Beavertown beers and will be focused primarily in the North, covering North London and the Northern home counties. We are looking for a person that understands the principles of selling, and an individual who is driven, hungry and passionate about delivering great results!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver against annually agreed new business targets.
- Report on a weekly/monthly frequency progress vs target.
- Identify suitable pubs, bars & groups that do not stock Beavertown beers and converting these to Beavertown stockists.
- Organise the relevant product installations with the equipment required.
- Ensure all new Beavertown beers are introduced in the correct manner and that Beavertown Beers are highly visible to the bar drinkers.
- After an agreed period of time, ensure these new Beavertown partners are handed over to the relevant Beavertown Account Manager.
- Ensure the handover is correctly managed and there are no outstanding issues.
- Support and develop current direct London partners to maximise opportunities.
- Track and report customer buying trends to Sales and Production management.
- Ensuring all sales systems and related materials are regularly updated and approved by manager as assigned.
- Effectively manage your calendar to ensure your time is always optimised.
- Maintain personal budgets outlined to you.
- Represent Beavertown Brewery at promotions, tastings and special events.
- Conduct waitstaff/bartender educations.
- Ability to work nights/weekends as needed.
- Seek out beer related educational opportunities and keep up to date by reading industry publications.
- Other duties as intermittently assigned by your manager.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Results oriented experience in outside sales within the food & beverage industry.
- Strong sense of urgency & ‘can-do’ mentality.
- Well-developed communication and people skills; effective on an interpersonal level.
- Strong negotiation skills & solid understanding of commercial maths.
- Strong judgment and maturity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to ‘think on their feet’.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to effectively journey plan across territory.
- Solid time management skills with ability to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish goals.