The role of Demand Planner is a newly created position at Beavertown Brewery!
Due to the incredible business success since launch in 2011, the company now needs to channel the ambitious growth plans into balanced, realistic and achievable demand forecasts.
Forecasts primarily cover product volume data and need to cover multiple time horizons. The business is currently reviewing its S&OP procedures, so extending an aligned forecast horizon to a rolling 18 months is an important step in that process.
The Demand Planner should be the recognised entry point for co-ordinated sales and commercial information to achieve an aligned volume forecast: they are the first point of contact internally for these figures. They will be great at wrangling large sets of data and adhering to processes, but more importantly will be bold and unafraid to challenge middle and senior managers across the business on assumptions that are the building blocks to our volume forecasts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation
- Develop, implement and facilitate a regular cross-functional consensus approach
- Review historical trends, interpret and incorporate key demand inputs, prepare reports, develop models and analyse accuracy performance
- Maintain an accurate statistical base forecast incorporating history, seasonality and customer ranging
- Challenge assumptions, make recommendations, highlight risks and opportunities
- Provide key input into supply and scheduling teams on existing items, NPD and de-lists
- Interpret and communicate customer plans in conjunction with commercial teams
- Provide key data and resource input into the introduction of a company S&OP process
- Use customer website links to monitor EPOS (electronic point of sale), customer stocks, forward forecast and service levels to identify changes in demand and proactively responding to new data
- Deliver forecast accuracy improvements against defined KPI’s through collaboration with key stakeholders
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE
- 3+ years of experience working in an FMCG environment
- IT Literate – Advanced Excel skills, working knowledge of SAP
- Strong organisational, decision-making and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, listening, persuasive and facilitation skills to individuals and groups
- Ability to analyse, interpret and understand large amounts of data with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to constructively challenge information and the status quo, influence and present data in an engaging way
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and our brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com