FOOD SAFETY and GMP COORDINATOR
The Food Safety & GMP Coordinator will be key in monitoring and developing food safety across the production process, from procurement of raw materials to delivery of finished product to the consumer and everything in between across all sites (including contract brewing).
Using your knowledge of HACCP, VACCP and TACCP, quality management systems and food safety standards, they will safeguard the supply chain against food safety risks and guarantee product security and legitimacy.
This role will collaborate with all members of the supply chain team to create, implement, upkeep and validate a food safe framework while supporting the SHE Compliance Department in maintaining accreditation and food safety initiatives to support production supply of great quality beer that satisfies our customers and consumers.
- Support SHE Compliance Manager in all relevant subjects related to the department.
- Assist with achievement of appropriate certification for all sites.
- Lead on provision of food safety training and refresher training for relevant roles within the wider team.
- Communicate efficiently with the wider team particularly within production areas.
- Assist with implementation and internal audit of good manufacturing processes including continuous improvements in line with internal and external standards.
- Carry out regular traceability test exercises in support of a functional and comprehensive traceability, recall and complaints process.
- Review documentation and processes with regards to food safety aspects and share responsibility for Control Documents system as part of the wider Quality Management System.
- Assist with investigation of food safety complaints (internal and external).
- Co-ordinate 5S audits and improvement plan with support and expertise from responsible individuals within Production and Logistics teams.
- Support with abnormality process through root cause analysis, action setting and follow up on actions set.
- Complete short term food safety projects within the team.
- Data collection, recording and analysis including preparation of weekly reports (WPM) and KPIs (MOM) related to food safety which should be accurate and digestible by all individuals attending.
- Co-ordinate with SHE Compliance Manager on relationships with suppliers and other teams within the business in developing and maintaining SLAs with producers of raw materials with a focus on HACCP, VACCP and TACCP.
- Co-ordination and assisting on regular internal audit exercises
- Ability to understand and implement food safety terminology and concepts.
- Regulatory and legal compliance knowledge and understanding of the business implications of these.
- Previous implementation and experience of food safety and quality management systems required.
- GMP, HACCP, ISO, BRC, SALSA
- Qualifications in a technically related discipline i.e. science or other relevant fields; or relevant area experience.
- Knowledge of MS-365.
- Data management and analysis experience.
- Previous leadership experience in a manufacturing or process environment.
- Ability to engage and partner with various stakeholders across the business.
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- An effective communicator.
- Solid administration skills.
- A keen interest in food safety, the industry and a passion for our brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com