HEAD OF PRODUCTION
We are recruiting for a Head of Production to join our team!
Reporting into our Head of Brewery Ops. & Expansion, the successful candidate will manage all activities in the Brewing and Packaging departments across our multiple sites, to ensure that our beer and process quality standards are achieved and aligned with the Production departments vision.
Your responsibilities will include being accountable for the overall daily Production operation and setting priorities to ensure your teams feel supported and have the necessary support to reach their full potential.
As our Head of Production, you will be responsible for the realisation and implementation of all agreed projects and be accountable for all Production related plans and execution.
MANAGING TEAMS - PEOPLE
- Head up all Production day to day operation of Brewing and Packaging Departments ensuring that they have all the required resources to perform their tasks.
- Communicate efficiently with reporting teams and other company departments.
- Sign off departmental Rota structure.
- Set daily and weekly priorities for an efficient team performance.
- Align departmental strategy with departmental Managers to ensure all condoled documents, skill matrix and training plans are in place and respected in an agreed timely manner.
- Coordinate and support regular team appraisals.
- Ensure that every new starter complies with the full induction plan.
- Interviewing and hiring new staff.
- Training and coaching Department Managers, addressing areas that may need improvement; and ensuring safe work practices and safety policies and procedures are maintained.
- This Role Profile will develop and change in line with business needs.
- Responsible for the implementation of Health & Safety requirements across production departments.
- Be able to multitask at a high level – see the big picture but not lose attention to detail.
- Be able to work and make critical decisions independently.
- Regularly demonstrate exceptional analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Share your passion and optimism, inspire respect and trust, and provide vision and inspiration to peers and team members.
MANAGING DEPARTMENTAL PROJECTS
- Responsible for realisation and implementation of all agreed projects.
- Plan and prioritize all Departmental Projects along with Departmental Manager.
- NPI (New Product Implementation) – Lead all projects and defines all relevant internal and external stake holders. Follow and report on progress.
- Planned Brewery Maintenance.
- Utilities optimisation.
- Deliver innovation through original thinking and creativity.
- Meet challenges with resourcefulness, generate suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas, and present ideas and information in a manner that gets the attention of others.
- Lead change and project management by developing workable implementation plans, coordinating projects, communicating changes effectively, building commitment and overcoming resistance, supporting those affected by change, and monitoring and delivering results.
- Being accountable for all production related plans and execution. Plan fulfilment for Brewing and Packaging Departments in full according toset KPIs (over time).
- Beer Quality, in accordance with Quality targets and specification.
- Min sampling plan fulfilment, aligned with QM.
- Implement Good Operational Practices and guarantee they are followed.
- Approve and optimise documents and processes.
- Support multidisciplinary teams in root cause analysis and implement action lists accordingly.
- Ensure that all data is recorded and analysed efficiently, guaranteeing high level of service.
- Analyse trends and reports on agreed KPIs (WPM and KPI summary report), act efficiently according to the results.
- Develop and implement required data bases for an accurate data analysis.
- Invoices revision and approval, when delegated by the Head of Brewery Ops & Expansion.
- Drive data-based quality decisions and process improvements.
- Support the Head of Brewery Ops & Expansion in all relevant subjects related to the Production Departments and overall quality/production strategy.
o People Strategy and Team Management
o Empowerment and Engagement
o Progression and Succession Plan
o Improvements through PDCA methodology and ITF incentives
o GOP implementation
o Strategic Growth
o H&S Strategy
o D&I strategy
o Environmental Strategy
- Brewing Department
- Packaging Department
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Brewing Management role.
- Master’s Degree in Brewing Science, Biology, Chemistry or another relevant field; or relevant area experience.
- Proven leadership and management skills with at least 5-year experience in a management position.
- Have a passion for people development and training.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work with automated processes interface and process control instrumentation, as well as manual brewery operations.
- Advance knowledge, experience in packaging operation, high speed canning or bottling lines (grater then 30k can/bottles per h) and high capacity kegging lines (>150 kegs/h). Including Lean Production principles (OEE, GLY, LEF, …).
- Knowledge of MS-365 and its apps.
- Reporting, Advance data management.
- Evidence of effective communication within and between teams.
- Able to manage time efficiently.
- Assertiveness – confident to challenge the way things are done.
- Full understanding of quality analysis and methods.
- GMP, HACCP, ISO, BPI or Salsa Accreditation experience and Systems Implementation experience.
- NPD (New Product Development) or EPD (Existing Product Development) project management experience.
- NPI project management.
- Understanding of Brewery Operations as whole.
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org