The principal duty of the Junior Inventory Controller is to ensure that all physical movements in and out of Beavertown’s warehouses and or any associated 3rd Party Logistic sites are accurately captured in its business systems whilst thereby ensuring that electronic & physical inventory levels match.
Your success in role will be measured by the control of all processes associated to the integrity, accuracy and health of stock and the collation and publishing of departmental metrics and management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform counts (PI and or Book to Book) and ensure all inventory is accounted for and reported according to company policy and in line with each site specific count strategy
- Monitor and maintain adequate inventory levels to meet customer demand, escalating any risk to the Warehouse Stock Manager
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in reported quantitates and locations of all inventory across all sites (including dry goods, raw materials, POS, Finished Goods)
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity
- Assist in the planning and coordination of month end stock counts and external audits
- Rotation of stock and effective management of AOS (Age on Sale) & waste
- Identify potential SLOB items escalating risk with the Warehouse Stock Manager
Receipt, Despatch & Pick Allocation
- Ensure that receipts are accurately posted into SAP and 3rd Party WMS on the day of delivery.
- Coordination of daily order allocation for Warehouse preparation in line with collection schedules.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC rules for movement of inventory held in duty suspense.
- Capture keg serial numbers using Kegstar hardware.
- Close Excise Movement Control System (EMCS) tickets for receipts of beer from third party.
Inter Depot Transfers (IDT)
- Forward planning of weekly IDT schedule with Warehouse Stock Manager.
- Liaise with Transport Operations Manager to agree transport mechanism and implement this.
- Manage the stock transfer process in SAP & 3rd Party WMS across all sites ensuring kegs serial numbers are transferred between storage locations.
- Raise and Close EMCS.
Sales & Laboratory Orders
- Coordinate the supply of laboratory orders to enable quality verification and release of batches
- Work with warehouse operations, finance teams and 3rd Parties to ensure that beer destruction is processed correctly.
- Ensure that 3rd party WMS stock record correctly shows the QA status of inventory and is reflected in SAP.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to with escalation of risk or unsafe behaviour to line management through Near Misses.
- Perform process and system testing and track performance by area to locate and solve problems in data integrity, productivity and efficiency.
- Stock integrity
- Stock rotation
- Waste targets
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- IT skills – Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word with SAP experience preferred
- Good organisational capabilities
- Team player and positive attitude
- Open to travel between sites – will be required to work at external sites
- Auditing experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with diverse teams remotely
If you're interested, please send your CV, salary, expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you're suitable for the role to: email@example.com
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining people who are the best in their field and who believe passionately in our beer, our brand and everything we stand for.
People who strive and succeed here love to take responsibility for their decisions.
Our people are empowered to challenge and push the boundaries to get the best results…. everyone’s opinions are valued. We positively celebrate diversity and we treat each other, and everyone we meet at work, with honesty and respect.
At Beavertown we believe that what makes us different and special to work for is our fun, friendly and informal atmosphere.