We are looking for a Junior Brewer to join our Production team at our Enfield site! Reporting into our Lead Brewer, this role will assist with the production of wort, its fermentation and conditioning in line with Quality Control and Production targets.
The successful individual will have a thorough understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques. As a member of the Production team, you will ensure all beer leaving our brewery is produced to the highest possible standard.
You will be responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the brewery at all times and ensure all the equipment is maintained and in full working order.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible approach to work, as you will be required to work on a 24-hour shift system basis, including weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting Production and Senior Brewers on all daily duties
- Carry out daily brewhouse duties, when on shift with a Production or Senior Brewer: –
- Assist PB/SB in operating on a fully automated 150hl brewhouse and in all aspects of wort production
- Perform basic quality checks, yeast counts and yeast viability
- Carry out all daily cellaring duties operating in a fully automated cellar
- Measuring in tank CO2/DO
- Ensure beer is in specification for packaging dates
- Yeasting /hopping off vessels as required
- Carrying out Vessel cleans (CIPs)
- Operating automated Dry-Hopping procedure
- Separation of green beer using a centrifuge
- Monitor fermentation and ensure Fermentation profiles are adhered to
- Keeping systems and records up to date (including but not limited to BOTEC, SAP and full Microsoft Office package excel/Sharepoint/Microsoft Teams/Powerapps)
- Carrying out hygiene work, ensuring the brewery is kept clean
- Ensuring accurate records are kept and written procedures are followed
- Assist the Production and Senior Brewers in project work where needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- At least 6 months experience working in a Brewery or relevant academic qualification (MSc).
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing or Packaging – desirable
- Ability to work well in a team, in a fast-paced Production environment
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Capable of physical work, including lifting at least 25kg loads
- Willing to work antisocial hours
- Positive and committed attitude
- Strong record keeping abilities
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org