Junior Brewer - Beaverworld, Enfield
We are looking for a Junior Brewer to join our Production team at our Beaverworld site!
Reporting in to our Lead Brewer, you will assist with the production of wort, its fermentation and conditioning in line with quality control and Production targets. As a member of our production team, you will ensure all beer leaving our brewery is produced to the highest possible standard.
The successful individual will be responsible for carrying out daily brewhouse and cellaring duties within quality systems at all times, developing their knowledge and understanding of brewing technologies and processes, and working within a team at all times.
You will be responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the brewery at all times and ensure all the equipment is maintained and in full working order.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible approach to work as you will be required to work on a 24-hour shift system basis, including weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting Production and Senior Brewers on all daily duties
- Carrying out daily brewhouse duties, when on shift with a Production or Senior Brewer:
- Carrying out dailyCellaring duties, including:
- Operating in a fully automated cellar
- Measuring in tank CO2/DO
- Ensuring beer is in spec for packaging dates
- Yeasting /hopping off vessels as required
- Carrying out Vessel cleans(CIPs)
- Operating automatedDry-Hopping procedure
- Separation of green beer using a centrifuge
- Filtration of beer using a sheet filter
- Monitoring fermentation, ensuring Fermentation profiles are adhered to
- Performing basic quality checks; Phys-Chem checks, yeast counts & yeast viability
- Assisting Senior and LeadBrewer in Project work where needed
- Keeping systems and records up to date (including but not limited to BOTEC, SAP and full Microsoft
Office package Excel/SharePoint/Teams/Power Apps).
- Capable of troubleshooting problems
- Carrying out hygiene work, ensuring the brewery is kept clean
- Providing cover as a team24 hours per day, 7 days week including bank holidays (e.g. Christmas); BrewingOps
(Brewhouse) at Beaverworld
- Ensuring accurate records are kept and written procedures are followed
- Ensuring all products and processes meet relevant Food Hygiene standards
- Ensuring raw materials and supplies are made ready and available to facilitate work
- Ensuring that the quality of product leaving Beavertown Brewery is excellent at all times
- To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the company standard
- Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours
- Read and comply with company rules, procedures, agreements and any notices displayed by the Company
- Increasing your understanding of the art and science of brewing through study and investigation. All Brewers should be working towards their IBD certificate or equivalent
- Demonstrating the ‘Beavertown Way’ to visitors and clients through knowledge, enthusiasm and hospitality
- To operate in line with SALSA, BRC and ISO 9000 Quality systems with specific reference to quality, complaints and non-conformances
Health and Safety
- All staff have a duty to work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974), COSHH Regulations and other relevant policies and procedures
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations, Company's policies and documents
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 6 months’ experience working in a Brewery environment – desirable
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing or Packaging – desirable
- Ability to work well in a team in a fast-paced Production environment
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Strong record keeping abilities
- Willing to work on a 24-hour shift system basis
- Positive and committed attitude to work
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!