JUNIOr BREWER - TOTTENHAM HALE
We are looking for a Junior Brewer to join our Production team at our Tottenham Hale site! Reporting into our Lead Brewer, this role will assist with the production of wort, its fermentation and conditioning in line with Quality Control and Production targets.
As a member of the Production team, you will ensure all beer leaving our brewery is produced to the highest possible standard.
You will be responsible for carrying out daily brewhouse and cellaring duties within quality systems at all times, developing your knowledge and understanding of brewing technologies and processes & working within a team at all times.
- Assisting Production and Senior Brewers on all daily duties
- Carrying out daily brewhouse duties, when on shift with a Production or Senior Brewer:
- Carrying out daily Cellaring duties, including:
- Rota’d for weekends, Tempus and cellar on shift hours alongside Production or Senior Brewers (never the most senior person on site)
- Carrying out hygiene work, ensuring the brewery is kept clean
- Good Time Management
- Contributing to Beavertown events and festivals and representing the brewery in public
- Ensuring accurate records are kept and written procedures are followed
- Ensuring all products and processes meet relevant Food Hygiene standards
- Ensuring raw materials and supplies are made ready and available to facilitate work
- Ensuring that the quality of product leaving Beavertown Brewery is excellent at all times
- Increasing your understanding of the art and science of brewing through study and investigation. All Brewers should be working towards their IBD certificate or equivalent.
- Demonstrating the ‘Beavertown Way’ to visitors and clients through knowledge, enthusiasm and hospitality
- At least 6 months experience working in a Brewery or relevant academic qualification (MSc).
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing or Packaging – desirable
- Ability to work well in a team, in a fast-paced Production environment
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Capable of physical work, including lifting at least 25kg loads
- Willing to work anti-social hours
- Positive and committed attitude
- Strong record keeping abilities
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org