Packaging Process Engineer
You’ll be joining a passionate team excited by what they do, taking pride in all the different beers we make.
The aim of the role is to improve our processes and systems to drive quality, productivity & efficiency through targeted actions supported by robust data analysis to help the company achieve its growth objectives. The role will support the can, keg & bottle lines at both of Beavertown’s production sites at Tottenham Hale (where all our specials are made) & Enfield (our new, ultra-modern brewery).
It will involve working alongside all departments within the business at all levels of seniority.
This role is a key one for us in taking the next step in our journey & is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is eager to develop their career and grow within the business!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data analysis and collection
- Driving improvements in operational efficiency
- Leading focused improvement activities
- Leading, managing and coordinating projects
- Driving loss management through prevention leading to sustainable loss reduction
- Implementing and maintaining key standards including SOP’s, AM schedules, TPM, etc.
- Acting as trainer and leader in root cause analysis & problem-solving activities including implementation of sustainable counter measures
- Leading and conducting trials
- Ensuring basic conditions are in place & maintained
- Being a team member in equipment upgrade projects or purchase of new ones
- Driving standardisation across lines and both sites
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Technical / Scientific / Engineering background
- Previous experience working in Production (especially food/beverage) is desirable, however not essential
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially with Excel
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) & the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work with & analyse large data sets
- Create, maintain & ensure completion of action plans
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma methodologies preferable
- Understanding of statistical & process control methods desirable
- Strong record keeping abilities
- The ability to focus on accuracy & strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexibly across shifts to understand all aspects of the operation
- Can do attitude with a positive outlook
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and our brand!