R & D SCIENTIST
Beavertown are looking for an R&D Scientist to join our Quality Assurance Team!
As a member of our Innovation Squad, you’ll be responsible for managing activities around advanced quality analysis including; implementation of new methods, techniques and equipment in the Quality Department (Analytical, Microbiological, Sensory).
As our R&D Scientist, you’ll lead EPD and NPD projects in the Quality and Production departments where appointed starting from business case and preparation, all the way through to analysis and standardisation phases (PDCA and SDCA cycles).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Quality Manager and Head of Brewery Ops & Expansion in all relevant subjects related to the Department and overall Quality/Production strategy.
- Train individuals or provide required training for each role.
- Plan and coordinate short term projects within the Quality and Production teams.
- Development of novel analytical approaches of characterisation of raw materials, beer and new beverage products.
- Quality Department representative in all key EPDs and NPDs.
- Contribute to NPDs through inter departmental project collaborations.
- Contribute to concept and execution of new projects within all production departments including, Brewing, Packaging, WWTP and R&D Brewing systems.
- Support sensory department through active participation. Taste panels, taster training development, new approaches for linking sensor and analytical data.
- Build and maintain relationships with key collaborators internally and externally (suppliers, partners, customers).
- Develop new and novel research work streams and integrate into standardised Quality Control systems.
- Develop scientific expertise and experience within the Quality and Production Departments through collaborative work, knowledge transfer and practical training. Supported with analytical instrumentation.
- Lead commissioning of new instruments and methods in the Quality Department.
- Lead implementation of LIMS in Quality Department and its integration into Production systems.
- Coordinate and lead continuous improvement processes in the Quality department.
- Control documents development.
- PhD or at least Master’s Degree in Brewing Science, Biology, Chemistry or another relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a member/lead in adequate research fields, academic or industrial.
- Assertiveness – confident to challenge the way things are done.
- GC-MS Experience, Advance Beer and Hops Analysis.
- NPD (New Product Development) or EPD (Existing Product Development) project management experience.
- Reporting, Advance data base management.
- Knowledge of Lab and QA&QC systems (LIMS).
- Knowledge of MS-365.
- Able to manage time efficiently.
- GMP, HACCP, ISO, BPI or Salsa Accreditation experience and Systems Implementation experience.
- Understanding of Brewery Operations as whole.
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com