Team Beaver are looking for a R&D Technical Brewing Manager to join our Brewing team!
Reporting into our Head of Brewery Ops & Expansion, this is a high-level strategic role. The successful individual will be explorative by nature, experimental throughout, driven to achieve, dedicated to quality, keen to listen and learn, challenge the norm and push the boundaries of what we do.
You will be responsible for managing all activities around Research and Development and Technical Projects in Brewing across all sites (including contract brewing, THFC and Tempus), as well as leading and coordinating all New Product Development (NPD), Existing Product Development (EPD), Tempus and Contact Brewing activities.
As our R&D Technical Brewing Manager, you will be a part of our “Innovation Squad” who will be working closely with our Founder and CEO and with our Marketing team during the NPD process.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible approach to work, as you will be required to work on a 24-hour shift system basis, including weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Head of Brewery Ops and Expansion in defining Brewing Department objectives. Align objectives with the Department budget for relevant areas. Equipment purchasing decisions, staffing and sourcing of raw materials must be managed in line with the Production budget.
- Work alongside the Head of Brewery Operations and Expansion to implement a strategy for Beavertown beers for the next 5 years.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of our beers always exceeds our customers’ expectations and troubleshoot and remedy problems should they arise.
- Directly manage all Brewing operations around Contract Brewing, THFC and Tempus.
- Responsible for BTS (Beer Technical Specification) for all Production sites.
- Oversee recipe development and strategize for continuous improvement on all our beers produced in house and externally.
- Lead along with Lead Brewers all technical/technological projects in the Brewing Department.
- Own and coordinate all NPD and EPD (Existing Product Development) activities.
- Document all relevant data and ensure the necessary information is shared and communicated to the relevant stakeholders. Ensure accurate records are kept and written procedures are followed.
- Work closely with the Tempus Project and THFC Microbrewery Senior Brewers to manage and direct its unique programmes.
- Coordinate all Contract Brewing Operations.
- Support Brewing teams at both North London sites; including Lead Brewers and a team of Senior Brewers.
- Develop SV R&D Brewery Project, responsible for CAPEX.
- Accountable for all R&D activities.
- Assist in the build of strategy for the Quality Department.
- Coordinate and organise SLA with the Quality Department for all R&D support and additional advance analysis required to support all technological brewing projects across all sites.
- Work closely with suppliers for raw materials ensuring best quality ingredients are used and sustainable quality is delivered.
- Present relevant areas of Brewing Department performance through agreed KPI’s.
- Accountable for ERP Operation, THFC, Tempus, Contact Brewing and R&D.
- Assist Lead Brewers in ensuring we are compliant with all SALSA/BRI/ISO requirements relating to the brewing process.
- Work in line with all EHS and Compliance Policies and Procedures associated to Brewing Operations.
- Ensure employees are working in a safe environment.
- Manage the hygiene on the Production line and ensure Food Safety standards are adequately maintained.
- Assist the Head of Brewery Operations and Expansion in ad hoc pieces of work.
- R&D Brewery CAPEX
- R&D, NPD, EPD Budget in Brewing Department
- Contract Brewing
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Brewing Management role.
- Master’s degree in Brewing Science, Biology, Chemistry or another relevant field; or relevant area experience.
- Proven leadership and management skills with at least 3-years’ experience in a management position.
- Knowledge of Brewery/Brewing Operating Systems, Krones (Botec), ProLeiT (BrewMaxx), Siemens (BrauMat) or similar.
- Knowledge of MS-365 and it’s apps.
- Reporting – Advance data management.
- Evidence of effective communication within and between teams.
- Able to manage time efficiently.
- Assertiveness – confident to challenge the way things are done.
- Full understanding of quality analysis and methods
- GMP, HACCP, ISO, BPI or Salsa Accreditation experience and Systems Implementation experience.
- NPD (New Product Development) or EPD (Existing Product Development) project management experience.
- Understanding of Brewery Operations as a whole.
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period, right to work in the UK and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org