SHE Compliance Project Lead
The SHE Compliance Project Lead will be a key player in managing and completion of major projects to improve and assure Compliance of Beavertown Brewery with regards to Food Safety, Health and Safety and Environment and Sustainability at all Beavertown sites including contract brewing sites. This role will be in support of the SHE Compliance Department in all departmental matters.
This role will ensure food safety, health and safety and ESG expectations are met in the business through regular internal reviews, audits and risk assessments, while driving forward continuous improvement processes and projects with the full support of the Compliance Co-ordinators and SHE Compliance Manager.
This role will guide Beavertown to act responsibly with regards to all SHE aspects in line with industry peers and looking towards world class by meeting and exceeding standards set and described in relevant accreditation standards. Attaining and maintaining relevant accreditations for food safety (BRC, IFS, ISO9001 etc.) will be essential.
An important element of the role is the encouragement of engagement and empowerment of employees within the supply chain and beyond to be leaders in safety, food safety and ESG through training, auditing and effective communication.
This individual will perform this function and support the SHE Compliance Department in incident reporting and documentation to support the production and supply of great quality beer that satisfies our customers and consumers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support SHE Compliance Manager in all relevant subjects related to the department
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of the Beavertown Quality Management System (all controlled documents, reports etc.)
- Provide support and guidance to other departments on the implementation of standards and controls particularly in the areas of food safety, health and safety and environment in collaboration with the Co-ordinator roles
- Introduce and monitor continuous improvement to processes in response to food safety and health and safety failures
- Updates to various health and safety compliance standards documents in line with government (HSE) regulations and advice, in addition to food safety standards according to the appropriate accrediting body and legal compliance with environmental requirements
- Attain and maintain food safety accreditation
- Manage and maintain third party contractor relationships in relation to health and safety, food safety and environmental concerns
- Lead and manage projects related to all three focus areas of the department with the assistance of the Co-ordinator roles and SHE Compliance Manager
- Communicate efficiently with the wider team including provision of training where needed
- Provide support and guidance to other departments on the implementation of standards and controls in production processes and ways of working
- Preparation and delivery of weekly reports (WPM) and preparation of KPIs (MOM) related to SHE Compliance which should be accurate and digestible by all individuals attending
- Lead and collaborate with the SHE Compliance Manager on relationships with suppliers and other teams within the business in developing and maintaining SLAs with producers of raw materials, packaging materials and finished product (contract brewers)
- Supporting, guiding and leading on regular internal audit exercises
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability to understand and implement SHE Compliance terminology and concepts
- Keen interest and knowledge in regulatory affairs relating to H+S, Food Safety and ESG and the business implications of these
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar industry (FCMG, manufacturing or process environment preferred)
- Relevant academic training desirable (e.g. lead auditor/internal auditor training and certifications in related audit standards, HACCP Level 3, NEBOSH/IOSH)
- Project management skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of various accreditation standards across H+S, Food Safety and ESG
- Knowledge of MS-365
- Data management and analysis experience
- Ability to engage and partner with various stakeholders across the business and externally
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- An effective communicator
- Solid administration skills
- A keen interest in SHE, the industry and a passion for our brand!
If you're interested, please send your CV, salary, expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you're suitable for the role to: email@example.com
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining people who are the best in their field and who believe passionately in our beer, our brand and everything we stand for.
People who strive and succeed here love to take responsibility for their decisions.
Our people are empowered to challenge and push the boundaries to get the best results…. everyone’s opinions are valued. We positively celebrate diversity and we treat each other, and everyone we meet at work, with honesty and respect.
At Beavertown we believe that what makes us different and special to work for is our fun, friendly and informal atmosphere.