TRANSPORT OPERATIONS MANAGER
We are looking for a Transport Operations Manager to join our Beavertown team!
As the Transport Operations Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the effective running of all transport operations making the best use of resources and synergies to meet customer demands.
Your success will be measured against the safety, performance, cost and compliance of all transport operations, be it in house or outsourced resources. You will ensure continuity plans are in place that enables the delivery of significant growth whilst consistently reviewing and implementing best in class approaches to standards, WoWs and supporting systems to manage both in and outbound Logistics.
- Responsible for the mid to long term planning cycle, including definition of LE budget targets and operational capacity of resource and transport
- Identify relevant transport solutions that support business needs through regular benchmarking that ensures the most cost effective solutions are in place to deliver best in class service
- Regular review of route to market design, recommending change through management action to improve service, cost and sustainability
- Defines clear and measurable SLAs with 3rd Party services that are reviewed on a regular basis
- Monitor, audit and control suppliers
- Consistently review departmental metrics, ensuring they are relevant and driving purpose for the benefit of operational performance
- Ensure that all related transport resources complies with relevant statute and regulatory governance
- Defines WoWs, standards and principles that are integrated by all transport services
- Drive service improvement forum, with key stakeholders, with an aim of defining customer JBPs
- Motivate and develop the team through engagement training and personal development plans, ensuring all staff are fully trained and have the correct equipment and tools to fulfil the role
- Create an army of ambassadors through supplier networks that strive to meet Beavertown core values
- Attend and represent the Transport Operations Team at weekly and monthly operational meetings (WOM / MOM / SIF)
- Ensure all department briefings and publications of KPIs are clear, timely and understood
- Support the company in regard to reducing its carbon footprint, for example reducing road miles
- Ensure all fleet associated with the movement of goods is road legal and available to meet customer requirements. Monitor and approve maintenance cost reports and related invoices
Health & Safety
- Ensure that all transport operations are compliant with Beavertown’s H&S policies and WoWs
- Ensure a secure and safe environment for staff, both in your own team and across the business
- Raise and assist distribution team with near miss reporting
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive.
- Strong IT skills - Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word – essential
- Previous experience of managing multi drop distribution operations – desirable
- Good organisational capabilities
- Team player and positive attitude
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com